Adults living with acquired or traumatic brain injuries receive the highest quality of services at Advocates. Our Supported Living Program (SLP), in partnership with Supportive Living Inc., offers three residential communities in Eastern Massachusetts where individuals engage in a range of active pursuits and goals. Our direct care staff, nurses, and case managers with specialized training and expertise in brain injuries provide affective supports, housing services, and compassionate care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, so each person can lead a full and meaningful life in the community.
We offer a unique setting for long-term rehabilitation for survivors of brain injuries, including:
- 24/7 staff support
- Family support
- Customized plan to meet individual’s unique needs and goals
- Nursing and clinical support
- Case management
- Managed/supervised personal care
- Staff-assisted meal planning and preparation
- Independent living skills training
- Accessible transportation
- Social and recreational activities
- Cooperative agreements with local medical facilities, human service agencies, and community service organizations to offer residents access to additional services based on their needs.
Our three residential communities offer apartment-style, home-like living environments and have been carefully designed and built/renovated to meet the physical and rehabilitative needs of survivors of brain injury. Each location is managed by an onsite director Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., who is available for after-hours emergencies; and a night and weekend supervisor. Advocates partners with Supportive Living, Inc. to provide the highest quality of services and programs to benefit the persons we serve.
An individual is eligible for SLP if they have a disability that is expected to be of long or indefinite duration and substantially impedes the ability to live independently, and have potential to achieve a greater level of independence with support services. They must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Classified as very low income
- Eligible for HUD and MassHealth programs
Apply online at www.supportivelivinginc.org
This program is funded through the MassHealth Personal Care program, through non-MassHealth residents who have SHIP residential funding, or individuals who have the ability to privately pay.
Advocates Supported Living Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).