Make a Referral
Complete our referral form for a person you support or family member in need of services
If you or a loved one needs help now, our caring staff are available. Reach out today.
Join us in making lives better.
The Respite Options program provides families and other caregivers with temporary relief, allowing a much-needed break from the demands of caregiving. Respite Options staff are Advocates employees who have experience working with children and adults with disabilities. Our services provide your loved one with a welcoming, interactive, and safe environment. Participants socialize with peers and build skills while having fun in our adult and children’s programs.
Respite Clubhouse (Daytime and Evening Drop-Off Respite)
Two weekends per month, we offer four-hour respite sessions with fun, enriching activities at the Life Skills and Learning Center in Ashland. Our sensory-friendly space includes a gym, kitchen, outdoor garden, and basketball area.
Overnight Weekend Respite
This program lasts from Friday at 5 p.m. to Sunday at 11 a.m. and takes place at an extended-stay hotel. Participants play games, watch movies, enjoy arts and crafts, participate in community outings, and help prepare meals.
Respite Vouchers and Scholarships
Funding may be available for families who are more comfortable having a friend, family member, or other known adult provide short-term care for their loved one.
- Individuals ages 8 and up.
- Currently do not have respite programming.
- Participation in one of the following Advocates programs: Person Centered Services, Life Skills and Learning Center, Autism Alliance, Intercultural Family Support Center, Project Able, or South Coastal Family Support Center.
- Ability to be safe with themselves and others.
Respite Options may not be able to provide services to:
- Individuals who require 24-hour nursing.
- Individuals who require 2:1 behavioral care.
- Individuals currently receiving respite or respite-like programs from any other EOHHS state agency program.
The Advocates Respite Options program is available thanks to funding from the Executive Office of Health and Human Services Respite Innovations Grant.