The Fred Gaspari Fund for Families accepts applications from families in the greater MetroWest area who are caring for a loved one with an intellectual or developmental disability. Families benefit by applying funds towards anything that will help make caregiving a little easier. The family member must be living with the family or independently in their own home within the community.
Eligible families may apply for up to $500 for any need necessary to care for their family member. Family needs are broadly defined. Examples of past awards include, but are not limited to:
- Buy an Intellikeys keyboard for family member
- Pay for therapeutic horseback riding classes
- Convert a bedroom into a therapy room
- Fence in backyard for safety
- Purchase shoes and leg braces
- Hire someone to take a family member into the community for social activities
The 2019 grant cycle is now closed. Please come back from the fall 2020 grant cycle.
- Procedure (application guidelines, eligibility requirements, and process)
- Writing Tips for Applicants
Applicants must reside in one of the following towns:
Acton, Ashland, Bellingham, Concord, Dover, Framingham, Franklin, Holliston, Hopedale, Hopkinton, Hudson, Lexington, Lincoln, Marlborough, Maynard, Medfield, Medway, Mendon, Milford, Millis, Natick, Needham, Newton, Northborough, Sherborn, Southborough, Stow, Sudbury, Upton, Waltham, Wayland, Wellesley, Westborough, Weston.
Support The Fred Gaspari Fund for Families
If you would like to support the fund with a donation, please click here to donate and direct your gift to The Fred Gaspari Fund. All funds raised are distributed directly to families through the Gaspari Fund.
The Gaspari Fund offers one grant cycle per year, usually in October. To learn more, please contact Travis Flanders-Caraballo at (774) 405-4548 or TFlandersCaraballo@Advocates.org.