Duxbury Police Mission Statement
The mission statement of the Duxbury Police Department is based on, and reflects, the core values of the agency.
With community service and problem-solving as our foundation, we strive to serve our community with respect, fairness, integrity, and sensitivity. We seek to foster public trust by holding ourselves to the highest standards of performance and ethics. To that end, we are dedicated to:
- Preserve and protect the way of life in Duxbury by participating, engaging, and listening to our community.
- Value all human life, respect the dignity of each individual and render our services with courtesy and civility.
- Earn the trust of our community by maintaining a knowledgeable, responsive, and accountable work force that discharges their duties and with clear and obvious evidence of fairness, integrity, tolerance, and equality.
- Make our streets as safe as possible by maintaining high profile traffic enforcement and driver education programs.
- Reduce the opportunity for the commission of crime with visible patrol practices, coupled with the implementation of effective crime prevention strategies.
- Fully investigate crimes when they occur and to expeditiously identify and apprehend criminal offenders.
- Ensure that our officers have the knowledge, skills, and tools to provide our unique community with the finest policing services possible.
- Identify, address, and resolve the root causes of community problems and concerns cooperatively with residents and other stakeholders through the use of community oriented policing solving strategies.
Co-Response Jail Diversion Partner Since 2022
Duxbury Police Staff:
Click here to view your department's secure JDP data dashboard.