Project Able was created to connect Chinese and Vietnamese families in the Boston area to resources and support for loved ones with disabilities. Our culturally diverse and experienced staff partners with each family to provide access to programs, services, and connections based on their unique needs and vision.
Support can range from housing and benefits advocacy, to communications and translation, and recreational and social events. Ultimately, we bridge language and cultural barriers so that each family and their loved one can be part of a supportive and nurturing community.
Case managers assist families with the following:
- Translation and interpretation
- Information and referrals
- Applications for:
- Public benefits (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program, Supplemental Security Income, MassHealth)
- Department of Developmental Services eligibility
- MassHealth programs (Adult Family Care and Personal Care Assistance)
- Education (IEP) planning
- Additional supports according to each family’s individual needs
- Workshops and trainings
- Monthly social groups and life skills
- Recreation and community outings
For more information, contact the Project Able Office at (617) 988-8132 or email ProjectAble@Advocates.org.