If you or a loved one needs help now, our caring staff are available. Reach out today.
Make a Referral
Complete our referral form for a person you support or family member in need of services
Join us in making lives better.
Sign Up for Our Mailing List
The Diversity Subcommittee of Advocates’ Senior Leadership Team provides guidance and oversite of all initiatives related to diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence. Comprised of senior-level staff, the Diversity Subcommittee meets monthly, sponsors quarterly diversity trainings for senior leaders, and promotes and upholds the following principles:
- We believe that diversity adds value and enriches out lives.
- Diversity is fundamentally connected to a mission and set of values involving inclusion, contribution, partnership, empowerment, opportunities for all.
- If we are culturally competent, we will attract a larger pool of candidates for employment. We will then have a larger pool of internal candidates for senior leadership positions, and a more racially diverse senior management team.
- We are committed to the retention of good staff. Without the right organizational culture and supports in place, good people will fail.
- People can and will work well – can fulfill the mission of the organization – in environments free of racial tension.
- With an explicit commitment to diversity, inclusion and cultural competence and clear policy with implementation and support, staff are confident about organizational intolerance of racial tension.
- The absence of diversity at leadership levels conveys the message that it’s not possible to be heard.
- A certain percentage of individuals and families will feel more comfortable and confident receiving our services; that said, it’s not as simple as “a diverse constituency needs a diverse staff.”
- Lack of attention to these issues is a barrier to providing good services to those who need them.
- State, federal, and private funding sources are looking for evidence of ways in which we provide culturally competent care and for diversity at these levels:
- Executive Leadership
- Senior Leadership.