Whether you are caring for an aging parent, or a son or daughter with a disability, Advocates Adult Family Care, sometimes referred to as adult foster care, provides financial assistance and the resources your family needs to thrive. Our experienced team of case managers and nurses partners with your whole family to help you care for your loved one in the comfort of home.
We tailor our supports to each family’s unique needs and preferences, and we honor and value cultural diversity. Our staff members come from a wide range of backgrounds and speak many languages, including Cantonese, English, French, Haitian-Creole, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
Advocates Adult Family Care (AFC) is a solution for individuals who cannot live alone and are in need of a full-time caregiver to assist with:
- Cueing and supervision
- Physical Assistance with ADLS: toileting, bathing, eating, ambulation, transferring
- Behavioral management/supports
Who is a caregiver?
A caregiver in our AFC program will assist the member in a variety of ways, receives a tax-free stipend, Advocates and community resources, and a listening ear.
A caregiver must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Must live with the member
- May or may not be a family member
- Cannot be a spouse, parent of a minor, or a legal guardian of the AFC member
- Pass a CORI (criminal offender record information) check
- Follow AFC regulations
Who is a member?
A member of our AFC program will live in a private home/apartment with a caregiver. To qualify as a member, each person must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Need daily assistance with ADLs and behavioral supports
- Live with a caregiver
- Have Mass Health Standard or Common Health, or a version of a SCO (Senior Care Organization)/other contracts
- Need a doctor’s order to participate because the person is not able to live alone due to a medical, mental, and/or physical need
Connect With Us
Have you been searching for adult foster care? Find out if Advocates Adult Family Care is the answer for your family. Contact us for a free consultation.
Advocates Adult Family Care program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).