Whether you are caring for an aging parent or a family member with a disability, Advocates Adult Family Care (AFC) provides compassionate care, financial assistance, and resources your family needs to thrive.
- Cueing and supervision
- Hands-on assistance with toileting, bathing, eating, ambulation, and other activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Behavioral management and supports
Our Caring Supports
We tailor our AFC supports to each family’s unique needs and preferences, and honor and value cultural diversity. Our experienced team of case managers and registered nurses partners with your whole family to help you care for your loved one in the comfort of home.
Our staff members come from a wide range of backgrounds and speak many languages, including Cantonese, English, French, Haitian-Creole, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish.
We provide support to caregivers and their loved ones through:
- A tax-free stipend
- Regular visits from a registered nurse and a case manager
- Being a listening ear
- Referrals to services and community resources
- Connections to other programs and services at Advocates
FOR INDIVIDUALS SUPPORTED
To be eligible for our AFC program, the individual receiving care must:
- Live with a caregiver in a private home or apartment in Massachusetts
- Be 16 years or older
- Require assistance with activities of daily living, personal care, and behavioral supports
- Qualify for MassHealth (Standard or Common Health) or a version of a Senior Care Options (SCO)
- Have a doctor’s order showing a medical, mental, and/or physical need
To be eligible for our AFC program, a caregiver must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Live with the person who needs assistance
- Not be a spouse, parent of a minor, or a legal guardian of the person in need of care
- Pass a CORI (criminal offender record information) check
- Follow AFC regulations
Caregivers may or may not be a family member and will assist the individual in daily support.
Connect With Us
Complete our referral form and a member of our team will be in touch.
Advocates Adult Family Care program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).